Label moving

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Label moving

Post by daniel »

Hum, you are right, it's not possible anymore to do Opengl point picking (because it's slow and deprecated).

But we use it for labels, and probably for the clipping-box arrows... It must be the culprit. We'll have to fix this.
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Thanks Daniel,

That's good to hear, I was beginning to think it was just me out here in the selection wilderness......

;)
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

I don't remember where you change this setting for Quadro cards, but you can specify to use it as a "game videocard development", or something like that. It'll make it operate as a regular geforce card. It'll actually slightly boost FPS in cloudcompare, and you may not have issues like the one you mentionned.

Daniel might correct me, but CC is not designed for quadro cards, and will not benefit from their driver optimization. The best price/quality ratio is to use regular geforce cards.
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Thanks Dimitri,

I've tried dabbling with the Nvidia settings but nothing seems to change things, I'll look into it a little deeper.

S
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Hmm, seems that picking primitives created in CC are also un-pickable in the graphics window too.

Imported meshes seem to be OK though.
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Oh, that's weird. Because internally primitives are meshes...

We really need to change the picking mechanism anyway. Hopefully it will be before the release of the official 2.8 version :D
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

A bit more on this that might help:

Single mouse clicking won't select labels, section handles or primitives, but holding Alt down and selecting them via a dragged window DOES work. I still cant move a label through as that requires a click :(
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Hum, I'm starting to fear that your issue is not only with the graphic card driver... This is really strange.

What do you call a 'dragged window' exactly?

And by the way, have you ever tried the 'stereo' version of CloudCompare? It handles the 3D views in a quite different way, so it may change the behavior you currently have (who knows?).
Steve L~

Post by Steve L~ »

Hi Daniel,

I am using the Stereo version 2.8 beta, dated 24/11/2016.

I discovered that if I hold the Alt key down I get a green box that I can drag over the object to be selected. This works OK for labels and primitives but I haven't tried it on section handles yet.

[img]
Alt Drag.JPG
Alt Drag.JPG (10.46 KiB) Viewed 15166 times
[/img]
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

Ah ok. Yes this is the 'area' selector (to select multiple entities at once).

And you confirm that you have this strange behavior on both the stereo and standard versions?