Bugs when loading files in the latest version

If you are allergic to bug trackers, you can post here any remarks, issues and potential bugs you encounter
Dimitri

Bugs when loading files in the latest version

Post by Dimitri »

Hi Daniel,

thanks for the recent efforts ! Unfortunately I'm not able to give you any feedback as I'm not able to load a single ascii file in this new version.
Same OS (win7 64bit), nothing changed.

Cheers

Dimitri
daniel
Site Admin

Re: Bugs when loading files in the latest version

Post by daniel »

Hum, so strange. I don't have this kind of issue on my side. This is topically a problem that occurs when you switch from Solaris to Windows for instance (but of course, it is not your case!).

Can you send me one of the (small) buggy file?
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
daniel
Site Admin

Post by daniel »

So it appears it was an issue with scalar fields loading! This has been fixed in the last version (12-13-2011).

By the way, I've updated color ramp type and number of steps, so that it is now handled per-scalar field and not per-cloud as before.

Thanks again for the feedback!
Daniel, CloudCompare admin
Dimitri

Post by Dimitri »

Thanks Daniel ! Being able to choose the precision of the numbers in the scale is excellent,as well as the log scale

I've noticed a small bug with the scale when displaying negative and positive scalars (there's no problem when it's only positive) : if you choose a small number of color ramp intervals (says 5), then you might end up with only 2 or 3 different colors in the scale for the positive numbers (idem for the negative numbers). Some intervals have in fact the same color while it should be slightly different. Hard to catch at first sight if you don't pay attention !

Cheers