This plugin can be used to perform Boolean operations on meshes (also called CSG = Constructive Solid Geometry).
It is based on the Cork library.
Its usage is pretty straightforward:
- select two meshes (meshes should be ideally closed, otherwise the output might be wrong)
- click on the plugin icon (or the equivalent entry in the 'Plugins' menu: 'Plugins > Mesh Boolean Operations')
- when the plugin dialog appears (see above):
- assign each mesh to a role (A or B)
- then select the operation to apply:
- union: A + B
- difference (symmetric or not): A - B
- intersection: A n B
The plugin will create a new mesh corresponding to the operation output:
Warning: due to internal instabilities in the current version of the Cork library, it may be necessary to launch the process several times in order to get it working ;)